BIS ISI Mark Certification for All Products
What is BIS Certificate?The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) is the official national certification body of India. It grants licenses to manufacturers and importers for various products that fall under compulsory registration schemes (CRS). It was established by the Indian government under the BIS Act, of 1986, supervised by the Ministry of Consumer Protection, Food, and Public Distribution. BIS grants certification to companies whose products meet quality standards under the Product Certification Scheme. This BIS certification ISI Mark product quality, consumer safety, and BIS's reliability as a third-party assurance. Obtaining BIS certification enables businesses to establish a strong brand image within the industry.
In simple words: BIS certification is a symbol of trust and honor, a measure of top-notch quality for products, and a vital element for business growth.
Importance of BIS certificateNo matter what consumers purchase, whether it is food, cars, clothes, or electronics, there's always a lingering doubt about trusting the product or the company. When it comes to determining the product's quality, grade, and parameters, or trusting the brand and its products, that's where BIS certification steps in to provide assurance.
In India, BIS Certification (ISI Mark) is a symbol of trust for buyers. Obtaining a BIS Certificate from the Bureau of Indian Standards enables manufacturers to guarantee product quality, consumer safety, and reliability to the consumers.
What Is ISI Mark And Why It Is Important To Get?ISI stands for Indian Standards Institute, which is now known as the Bureau of Indian Standards, the National Standards body of India. The ISI Mark, granted by the Bureau of Indian Standards, is a prestigious mark given to producers for various products. Since 1955, this mark has stood as a symbol of quality, safety, and trust. It serves as conformity marking for industrial products, assuring compliance with the Indian standards (IS) set by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). ISI Mark Registration involves obtaining the ISI mark for products that adhere to Indian Standards. Several electrical appliances require mandatory ISI marks, including Electric Irons, Room Heaters, Room ACs, Electric Stoves, Freezers, and Electric cables, as well as other products like UPVC Pipes, Rubber & Leather Footwear, Composite Cements, various acids, etc.
What Is The Difference Between BIS And ISI?BIS is a quality management organization that offers quality certification and ensures the reliability and stability of products for consumers. On the other hand, the ISI Mark is a standard mark given by the Bureau of Indian Standards to products that meet the required Indian quality standards. When a product carries the ISI mark, it signifies that it meets BIS's quality standard. Manufacturers can use the ISI Mark on their products after obtaining a license from BIS under the product certification scheme.
Basic Requirements to Get BIS Certification
To get BIS certification one needs to fulfill these basic requirements:
· The license is granted only to the factory (manufacturer of finished products), not to the Distributor/Retailer.
· To obtain a BIS license, the product must meet the Indian Standard Specification criteria.
· If a manufacturer has multiple factories at different locations, separate applications must be filed for each product and factory.
· The manufacturer must have a laboratory and it should be fully equipped with product testing equipment and qualified personnel for testing as per the applicable ISS.
· All production machinery and testing facilities should be on the factory premises according to ISS norms and respective SIT.
· The entire production process, from receiving raw materials to final packing, should take place in the same factory.
· If any out-sourcing is needed, clearance from the Bureau may be requested.
· Technical guidelines are available for all products covered under the Product Certification Scheme in 'Product Manuals'. These manuals include sampling guidelines, a list of test equipment, a Scheme of Inspection and Testing (SIT), and a scope description. Applicants can refer to these Product Manuals for BIS ISI Certification to prepare for the audit and application submission, reducing the chances of rejection.
BIS Registration Procedure
BIS registration varies based on the geographic location of the manufacturing unit. The registration process for domestic (Indian) manufacturers differs from that for foreign manufacturers.
The Registration Process For Foreign (Overseas) Manufacturers Involves The Following Steps:
Step 1: Appoint an Indian Representative who can act on behalf of the foreign manufacturer.
Step 2: Submit a test request with a BIS & ISI-approved laboratory.
Step 3: Submit samples according to BIS standards.
Step 4: Once the test report is available, submit the registration on the BIS portal on behalf of the manufacturer and the Indian representative.
Step 5: The registration department will then conduct a scrutiny of the submission.
Step 6: Upon completion of the scrutiny, the department will provide an R number and grant a license.
The Registration Process For Indian (Domestic) Manufacturers Involves The Following Steps:
Step 1: Submit a test request with a BIS & ISI-approved laboratory.
Step 2: Submit samples according to BIS standards.
Step 3: Once the test report is available, submit the registration on the BIS portal on behalf of the manufacturer and the Indian representative.
Step 4: The registration department will then conduct a scrutiny of the submission.
Step 5: Upon completion of the scrutiny, the department will provide an R number and grant a license.
Documents Required For BIS Registration
To complete the BIS Registration process for electronic products under the CRS scheme, you will need to provide the following documents:
For Indian Manufacturer
1. Trademark Certificate of Company
2. GST Certificate of Company
3. Application form
4. Model no. of Products
5. KYC Documents of Authorized Representative (Pan card, Adhar card, Mobile No., Email Id,)
For Foreign Manufacturer
1. Business Licence of Manufacturer (Chinese to English language)
2. Trademark Certificate of Company
3. Application form
4. Model No. of Products
In the case of AIR (All India Representative)
1. GST Certificate of Company
2. KYC Documents of Authorized AIR (Pan card, Adhar card, Mobile No., Email Id,)
How to get a BIS Certificate?
When the product meets the authorized Indian standard and passes safety testing, the BIS office issues the BIS certification. To get your BIS registration done one needs to go through several steps.
And for that, Evtlindia is here to help you to get all your official requirements done. Evtlindia is the best BIS certification consultant in Delhi, India, helping both foreign and Indian manufacturers market and sell their goods in the country.
Being a trusted BIS consultant agent in India our main focus is to involve all the required assistance from the end of the supplier to register for the BIS research. Being a legal agent on behalf of production units, we develop a presentation to send the product for testing in BIS-licensed testing centers and complete the needed documentation. A part of our process is providing the required resources and customer clearance accommodation. And to know about the BIS certification agent in India contact us anytime.
The needed to get the BIS Certification
Evtlindia, one of the most trusted BIS certification consultants ( ISI mark consultants), ultimately takes up to 20 to 30 working days to receive the certification only if the submitted information is accurate. Whereas, the government recommends authority producers obtain BIS approval by thoroughly inspecting the products in the BIS licenses in-house laboratories until the time candidates create the laboratories on its property. That is the reason its issue takes up to 30-45 days.
How to get ISI mark Certification
To get the ISI certification one needs to follow the following steps.
· The manufacturer needs to apply with the required documents, and fees to BIS.
· After submission the BIS officers conduct factory inspections, collect product samples, and perform independent testing.
· If the product meets the quality standards, BIS provides the ISI Certification.
· The process of obtaining ISI Certification takes 30 days from the date of Application.
Benefits of ISI Mark Certification (BIS Certification):
• ISI Mark Certification allows companies to manufacture and sell their products all over India without any interruption.
• The ISI Mark ensures consumer safety, and health, and builds trust.
• BIS-certified products guarantee high quality and customer satisfaction, leading to increased revenue.
• Manufacturers can use the ISI Mark on their products covered under the mandatory certification scheme, ensuring compliance with standards. Not having the ISI Mark could lead to penalties or imprisonment.
If you require assistance with BIS registration look no further than Evtlindia. BIS registration services, BIS certification services, and BIS consultancy services are available at Evtlindia to assist manufacturers in navigating the requirements and procedures. We are one of the most reliable BIS certification consultants and offer you the right service.
Conveniently located in Laxmi Nagar, Delhi, our corporate office is equipped with advanced technological resources and equipment facilities. This enables us to offer optimal solutions tailored to meet the evolving needs of our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services, including product testing, documentation, application submission, and obtaining licenses for various product categories. Our services adhere to government regulations and guidelines, ensuring compliance and peace of mind.
Contact Evtlindia today and let us be your trusted partner in navigating the BIS registration process and unlocking new opportunities for your business.