Apply BIS Certification - Registration, Documents, Procedure
BIS CRS REGISTRATION
BIS CRS Certification stands for Compulsory Registration Scheme Certification. It is a rule that says manufacturers must obtain a BIS CRS Registration Certificate for their electronic products before selling them into the market. This certification ensures that the products meet certain standards, and manufacturers themselves declare that their products conform to these standards.
This scheme was first introduced by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology for electronic and IT products. It follows the regulations of Scheme – II under the BIS (Conformity Assessment) Regulations, 2018. The BIS compulsory registration scheme is particularly connected to electronics and information technology goods, as per the Compulsory Registration order of 2021. In India, the Compulsory Registration Scheme procedure is important for these products. For products falling under the Compulsory Registration Scheme, understanding the procedure for BIS is crucial.
PROCESS TO OBTAIN BIS CRS REGISTRATION
Step 1: Sign Up on the BIS Portal
To start the BIS CRS registration, manufacturers or their authorized representatives in India need to sign up on the BIS portal. This is crucial because it allows them to apply online for the BIS CRS Registration Certificate.
Step 2: Ask a BIS-Approved Lab to Test Your Product
Once registered on the BIS portal, manufacturers should request testing for their products. They send this request to a BIS-approved laboratory chosen by them. It's important to pick a lab approved by BIS for testing the specific product category needed for the BIS CRS Registration Certificate.
Step 3: Send a Sample for Testing
After requesting testing, the applicant gets a QR Code. This code is attached to the sample or product packet sent to the chosen lab. The sample and testing request must reach the lab within 60 days of generating the testing request. Once accepted, the lab sends an acknowledgment to the applicant's email.
Step 4: Apply Online for the BIS CRS Certificate
Following successful testing, applicants must fill out an online application for the BIS CRS Certificate using Form I. All necessary documents, including the test report, must be uploaded. The test report shouldn't be older than 90 days from the application date. After paying the required fees, an acknowledgment is sent to the applicant's email.
Step 5: Submit Paper Copies
After the online application, manufacturers must send hard copies of the application form and supporting documents to the BIS office. These include test reports, product specifications, and other relevant paperwork. These must be submitted within 15 days of the online submission. Not doing so within this time frame could lead to the closure of the application by BIS.
Step 6: BIS CRS Registration Application Review
Once the hard copies are received, BIS authorities carefully review the application to ensure all necessary information is provided, and the product meets required standards. Any questions from BIS must be answered online. If issues aren't addressed within the specified time, it may cause delays in getting the BIS CRS Registration Certificate.
Step 7: Receive the BIS CRS Registration Certificate
If BIS authorities find the application complete, and satisfactory, and the product meets standards, they issue the BIS CRS License in the applicant's name. This license allows manufacturers to use the BIS mark on their products for sale in the Indian market.
The Compulsory Registration Scheme (CRS) is associated with various products, as listed in the BIS mandatory list. The Compulsory Registration Scheme PDF provides comprehensive information about the registration process.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR BIS CRS REGISTRATION
When applying for a license for your product under the Compulsory Registration Scheme, the manufacturer is required to provide the following essential documents:
1. Photo ID of the Responsible Person
2. Address ID of the Responsible Person
3. Business Registration Details (Partnership/MSME/Company, etc.)
4. PAN Card of the Business Entity
5. GST Registration
6. Memorandum of Association (MoA) & Articles of Association (AoA)
7. Brand Name Registration
8. Brand Authorization
9. Application under Form I
10. Undertaking as per Form II
11. Third-Party Laboratory Test Report
12. Affidavit as per Form III
These documents collectively form the necessary paperwork for a successful BIS CRS Registration application.
BENEFITS OF BIS CRS CERTIFICATION:
1. Build Consumer Trust: The certification mark shows that a product follows specific Indian Standards, making it high quality. This makes it easy for customers to find high-quality products. BIS-certified items work well and last long, so people trust them.
2. Increased Sales: When a product has a special certification mark, it becomes more attractive to customers. People generally like products that follow national standards more than those that don't. This makes more people want to buy certified products.
3. Enhanced Brand Value: The certification is like proof that shows authorities that the way a product is made and the materials used meet certain standards. The certification rules keep getting better to match new ways of taking care of the environment. This makes products greener and friendlier to our planet, and it helps your product stand out.
4. Cost Savings: Having BIS CRS certification means you don't need extra rules for quality, which saves money on maintenance.
5. High Quality: A BIS registration number indicates that the product is of top quality.
6. Business Growth: BIS Certification allows companies to sell their products from India to other countries. This makes customers in new markets trust that the product is good. BIS certification makes your product famous, helping your business grow.
If manufacturers want to make, store, import, or sell products, they must meet the Indian Standard and have the Standard Mark with a special Registration Number from the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS).
The Compulsory Registration Scheme in India covers a wide range of products. The BIS Mandatory List includes products that are part of the Compulsory Registration Scheme. Understanding the BIS Compulsory Registration Scheme is vital for businesses dealing with specific products. The BIS Scheme 1 is part of the Compulsory Registration Scheme. The BIS Scheme 2 outlines another aspect of the Compulsory Registration Scheme. Businesses often seek BIS registration under the CRS of MeitY as part of the Compulsory Registration Scheme.
A reliable choice for this certification is to go through a trusted consultant like Evtlindia. Let Evtlindia streamline your certification process promptly. Contact us today at email@example.com or 9560935898 for a reliable partnership in navigating BIS registration and opening new business avenues.
You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 9560935898. Feel free to get in touch with us anytime for the support you need.
EVTL India Services
Registration Consultant || CRS Certification | ISI Domestic Manufacture | ISI Foreign Manufacture | WMI Registration | ISI Mark Registration | EPR Registration for Plastic Packaging | EPR Registration for Electronic Waste Management | EPR For Re Ryclers | EPR Registration for Battery Waste Management | MOEF License | EPR Certificate | EPR Registration For Tyre Waste Certificate | EMI EMC Test | RF Testing | IP Rating Test | TEC Approvals | NABL Testing | LM-79 And LM-80 | ROHS Approval | CE Certification | TradeMark | Copy Right | CDCO Approvals | Drag License | WPC Certificate | BEE Registration | Fssai Registration | GEM Registration | TSDF Facility | Import Export License | Lab Setup And Lab Equipment | NOC For Steel | Legal Metrology | Make In India Mark | Certificate Consultant | ISI Certification |