BIS CERTIFICATION FOR LITHIUM-ION BATTERIES
Lithium-ion or Li-ion batteries are a form of rechargeable battery that has found wide application in everything from portable gadgets to electric cars and renewable energy storage systems. They are well-known for their high energy density, extended cycle life, and low weight.
To ensure the product quality of lithium-ion batteries, the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has made it mandatory for manufacturers to undergo BIS registration before selling it in the market.
IS 16046 (Part 2): 2018/ IEC 62133-2:2017 covers Secondary Cells and Batteries Containing Alkaline or other Non-Acid Electrolytes such as Lithium Systems batteries. As per this standard, a BIS certificate is mandatorily required for Sealed Secondary Portable Lithium System Batteries. This standard specifies Safety Requirements for Portable Sealed Secondary Cells and Batteries like a lithium-ion cells for Use in Portable Applications.
REQUIREMENTS FOR IS 16046 (PART 2): 2018
1. Lithium-ion batteries must meet various testing requirements specified in IS 16046 (Part-2):2018/IEC 62133-2:2018.
2. After testing their products in BIS-approved laboratories, all lithium-ion battery manufacturers must register with BIS.
3. To obtain a BIS license for lithium-ion batteries, you must ensure that your product meets Indian standards.
The following test shall be carried out in accordance with method prescribed.
· Crushing Test
· Incorrect installation Test
· Low-pressure Test
· Forced Discharge Test
· Over-charging Test
· Charging / Discharging Test
· Continuous charging Test
· Insulation Resistance Test
· Vibration Test
· Temperature Cycling Test
Process of Getting BIS Certification for Lithium ION Batteries
1. Submit Your Application and Documents to BIS: Send your completed application and the accompanying documents to the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) portal.
2. Application Review by BIS Officials: BIS officials will carefully assess the information provided in your application.
3. Laboratory Testing of Samples: The collected samples will undergo testing in a BIS-approved laboratory.
4. Submit Application and Test Report: After the testing is done, you need to submit an online application along with all the necessary documents and the test reports to BIS.
5. Grant of License by BIS: If your toys meet the required standards and successfully pass the tests, BIS will issue you a certificate called CRS Certificate. This mean your product is approved and meets the standards set by BIS.
Benefits of BIS Certification
The BIS registration provides the following benefits:
1. Increase sales: BIS-registered products are more likely to be of higher quality and attract more customers.
2. Reduce the amount of money spent on quality maintenance: Upon getting certification, there's no need to follow separate quality guidelines for products.
3. Enhance product credibility and reduce environmental risk: BIS-certified items are genuine and trustworthy because they work really well and last a long time.
4. Ensure the highest level of quality and dependability: The presence of a BIS registration number implies that the product is of high quality and dependability.
5. Ensure the organization’s expansion: BIS certification boosts your product’s reputation, resulting in significant growth and market exposure.
A lithium ion battery is covered under the BIS compulsory registration scheme of BIS under the IS 2080:1980 standard. Manufacturers cannot import, export, or sell this product in the Indian consumer market without the ISI Mark imprinted.
If you need any assistance with BIS registration for lithium ion battery then you can reach out to Evtlindia. We provide assistance with all documentation formalities with India's BIS office, ensuring a smooth and hassle-free registration experience, guiding you through the entire process from start to finish.
You can contact us via email at email@example.com or by phone at 9560935898. Feel free to get in touch with us anytime for the support you need.
EVTL India Services
Registration Consultant || CRS Certification | ISI Domestic Manufacture | ISI Foreign Manufacture | WMI Registration | ISI Mark Registration | EPR Registration for Plastic Packaging | EPR Registration for Electronic Waste Management | EPR For Re Ryclers | EPR Registration for Battery Waste Management | MOEF License | EPR Certificate | EPR Registration For Tyre Waste Certificate | EMI EMC Test | RF Testing | IP Rating Test | TEC Approvals | NABL Testing | LM-79 And LM-80 | ROHS Approval | CE Certification | TradeMark | Copy Right | CDCO Approvals | Drag License | WPC Certificate | BEE Registration | Fssai Registration | GEM Registration | TSDF Facility | Import Export License | Lab Setup And Lab Equipment | NOC For Steel | Legal Metrology | Make In India Mark | Certificate Consultant | ISI Certification |